Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Trip to Evanston

I never thought that I would be taking a trip to Evanston, but you do what you have to do. The 5 hour trip there wasn't too bad, I only had to stop 3 times. I actually was able to stop in Lyman, which was really quite a detour, but it was a cute little town.

Brian was the first one to greet me and his first response to Clara was priceless, "Oh my littleness!" How quick we forget how small these wee little ones are when they come into this world. She is little and teeny. We then went to surprise the kids. They were so excited and everyone wanted to hold Clara. I was showered with hugs, kisses and gifts. It felt so good to be reunited with them.

The one that I was most nervous about was Wesley. I didn't really know how he felt about getting yet another sister. But he just loved her and wanted to hold his "little baby sister". It was too sweet.

I can't make an entry about Evanston without telling about our accomodations. We went a little on the cheap side in order to get two rooms, so we wouldn't all be squished in one room. Well, you get what you pay for. I won't mention the name of the hotel, but it was absolutely horrible. Brian explained that we were on a Chevy Chase Vacation, and he wasn't exaggerating. We couldn't get out of there none too soon. We did enjoy swimming at the Rec Center though.

We parted the next day after breakfast. Abby came with me. Just as we left, she started crying and said, "I am going to miss them." She pretty much cried all the way past Rock Springs. I had her call her dad, but she could hardly talk because she was so upset. I then gave her a Werther's candy and that seemed to change her mood. Sugar can really come in handy sometimes. I only had to stop once on the way back, which was awesome.

All in all it was wonderful to be with them and hard to come back. I am still hoping to be home next week, but it is in the Lord's hands.

Here are some pictures we took of Clara meeting her family. I realized that we didn't get any pictures of Clara with her dad...oops! We will make sure we do that when we get home. Sorry about the side picture of Maddie. I tried fixing it, but it didn't work.





1 comment:

  1. Clara is a wonderful addition to you cute family. All the trials you are going through with the adoption will be worth it, I promise. Let me know if I can help with anything.

    ReplyDelete