Sunday, July 25, 2010

Finally Home!!!

I can't express how great it is to be home, though I did love spending so much time with my sister and her family. The ride home took us 12 hours, but I have to say how wonderful both Clara and Abby were. They just couldn't have been any better. I came home to pink balloons in my front yard (Thanks Patricia!) and a sweet welcome home sign from my kids. Grandpa and Grandma were there to meet us. The rest of the family were at pack meeting, so we had to wait a while to see them.

I had another surprise when I walked into the house...it smelled horrible! Two nights before I got home, the washing machine flooded over and soaked the whole hallway. The kids and Angie cleaned it up, but the pad underneath the carpet was still wet, thus the horrible smell. It was really bad. After talking to my insurance agent and a company who cleans up disasters, we decided we would rip up the carpet (I have wanted to get rid of it for some time anyway)and work on putting wood flooring down. Not something we planned to do so soon, but need to out of necessity. And since we are doing the floors, it would seem logical to do the painting as well, don't you think? So here we go. I am quite excited.

Anyway, the rest of the family arrived and were thrilled to see us. I just love how they have all fallen in love with Clara. Wesley's words were, "I am addicted to her". Now we have something new to argue about, "I want to hold her!" and "I want to feed her!" and "I want to sit by her!" They really are so cute with her. I think Clara had a hard time coming here with all the new people and new surroundings, but she seems to be okay now.

It really does feel good to be home and be "MOM" again. Friday night I cooked dinner, and we sat down as a family to enjoy it. It was such a great feeling. I missed them so much, and I know the feeling was mutual.

No comments:

Post a Comment