Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Nicolas!



It has been 2 years since our sweet baby boy left us. I have had a lot of mixed emotions with the birth of Lizzy and the birthday of Nicolas. After I gave birth to Lizzy, I kept worrying that something would happen to her. She seemed so fragile. On our ride home from the hospital, I expressed to Brian how nice it was to be bringing a baby home from the hospital instead of coming home with empty hands.

Looking back at the last 2 years, I see the Lord's hand in it all. If Nicolas would have survived we wouldn't have Clara and maybe not even Lizzy. There was a purpose in his leaving us, even though it was terribly difficult. Clara needed a home, Nicolas made that possible.

Our little Lizzy looks just like Nicolas. I will be looking at her and see Nicolas' pictures and think what a tender mercy from the Lord. Now as she grows up, I will know what he would have looked like.

Abby still wants to make sure that we have everything for Nicolas, such as a bed, clothes, car seat. She still doesn't quite get where he is, but she knows he is coming back, and that is the important part. I too know he is coming back, and then I will have him to raise. How grateful I am for that knowledge, to know he is only gone for a short while.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, your family and sweet Nicolas today!! He has such an amazing family waiting to see him again! What a lucky boy! Love you!! **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Nicolas! It will be great to meet you someday. Elisha, you are so amazing and strong. And Nicolas is so selfless to wait for you as a mommy so that Clara and Lizzy can be his sisters too. I never thought of things that way, but with that attitude everything makes so much more sense.

    ReplyDelete