Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Our Easter Tree

I found this great idea from the blog Chocolate On My Cranium for making an Easter countdown. I thought hers was so cute and such a great way to focus on our Savior instead of the worldly side of Easter.


We started blowing out eggs.  My kids had never seen this before.  At first they thought it to be quite disgusting, then they all wanted to do one.  We just used a straight pin and hammered it lightly into the bottom and top of the egg and gradually made the hole bigger, trying not to make it too big nor bust the egg.


Then we blew the inner contents of the egg out.  I then just took a straight pin and tied a piece of string to it and stuck it down in the hole.  The straight pin turns when you pull the string out and it stays put in side.  Then you can tie the other end to the tree.


I thought it would be fun to have some limbs from outside that had buds on them to be our living Easter tree.  These are from our lilac bushes. 


Then I printed off the labels from Chocolate on my Cranium, cut them out and used paper clips to attach to the tree. 

This is what it looked like about 9 days ago.  We had to put it up on our wood stove.  It is about the only place the babies can't get to.  We are not using it this season anyway because we don't want the wee ones getting burned.

 
Then just about a week later look what happens!  I just love having blossoms to look at this early in the spring.  It is such a great symbol of the Resurrection and everything new.


Each tag has a quote from The Living Christ and either a beautiful picture of Jesus depicting the message of that quote or one of His many names.  It really is a great way to memorize The Living Christ (which was a challenge given to us by our Stake President) and also study what each of His individual names mean and why it was given to Him.  I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment